Avapro is used for high blood pressure treatment. It can be used separately or in combination with other drugs for blood pressure decrease. It is also used for kidney diseases treatment for the patients suffering from diabetes second level.
Use Avapro in accordance with your doctor indications.
- Avapro is for oral intake with or without food.
- Double dosage intake is prohibited.
Drug class and mechanism of action
Avapro is angiotenzin of second antagonist receptor. It works by decreasing the amount of some chemical agents in organism making blood vessels to narrow and contain sodium and liquid at kidneys.
Take Avapro as soon as possible if you missed its intake. If it happened during next dosage intake time take missed dose and then follow intake schedule. The intake of two pills in one day is prohibited.
Store Avapro at the temperature of 4 -30 С degrees. Keep Avapro away from children and pets.
Warning / precautions
Do not use Avapro if:
- you are allergic to any Avapro component;
- you are pregnant more than 3 months
Contact your doctor or pharmaceutist in any of the following relates to you.
- Avapro can cause sleepiness, giddiness or blurred vision. These side effects can get worse if taken with alcohol and specific drugs. Use Avapro cautiously. Do not drive and do not perform other possibly dangerous tasks until you know your reaction to it.
- patients taking the pills for high blood pressure treatment often feel tiredness or exhausted within several weeks after drug intake start. Continue taking this drug even if you do not feel well. Inform your doctor on any symptoms.
- Avapro can badly influence at black patients. The risk of side effects can increase. Consult your doctor in case of symptoms non – improvement or getting worse.
- Avapro is not suitable for children younger than 6 years. Its safety and efficiency had not been confirmed for children.
Pregnancy and breast feeding: do not take Avapro after third month of pregnancy. This drug intake can cause the foeutus trauma and death. Consult your doctor if you got pregnant. Avapro absorption by mother milk is not studied. Do not do breast feeding during Avapro intake.
Possible side effects
Consult with your doctor if the most widespread effects persist or getting worse
- agitation; chest pain, diarrhea, flu, headache, burning/ stomach upset, muscle damages, tiredness, muscle pain, nausea, nervousness, rhinitis, sinus anomalies, sore throat, stomach pain, edema, upper breathing ways infections , urination ways infections, vomiting.
Inform your doctor at once if any of the following serious side effects
- heavy allergic reactions ( rash, nettle rash, breathing difficulties, chest constraints, mouth, face, lips or tongue edema), chest pain; increased heartbeat, fainting.
Avapro should be taken on doctor’s prescription only. Do not share it with other people. Consult with your doctor in case of symptoms non-improvement or getting worse.