Lioresal is used for the treatment of muscle spasms caused by multiple sclerosis or other diseases. It can be used for other diseases treatment based on the doctor’s recommendations.
Use Lioresal in accordance with doctor recommendations.
- Lioresal can be taken during or after meal.
- take the pill fully without chewing it.
- continue taking Lioresal even if you feel better.
Do not miss any dose. It is recommended to take the drug at the same time every day.
Mechanism of action
Lioresal is a muscle relaxant. It decreases the frequency and difficulty of muscle spasms arising due to neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis.
Do not miss any Lioseral intake. During single miss of doze intake it is necessary to take the doze as soon as possible. If the time of missed doze intake corresponds to the time of next doze intake the drug intake should be missed. The double dosage is prohibited for intake.
Store Lioseral at room temperature of 59- 77 F degrees (15- 25 С degrees) and keep away from light and humidity, children and pets. Do not store at bathroom.
Do not take Lioseral if:
- you are allergic to any of Lioseral component;
Contact your doctor immediately if any of the following relates to you.
- do not take alcohol or other drugs which can cause sleepiness (hypnotic, muscle relaxants) during Lioseral intake as they might increase their action.
- Lioresal is not recommended for children younger 12 years as its safety and efficiency had not been confirmed.
- pregnancy and breast feeding: Contact your doctor if you got pregnant. You would need to discuss the advantages and risks of Lioresal usage during pregnancy. Lioresal absorption by mother milk had not been studied.
Consult with your doctor in case if any of the aforementioned side effects persist or irritate:
- constipation, giddiness, sleepiness, tiredness, headache, nausea, insomnia.
Сontact your doctor immediately if any of the following serious side effects occur:
- heavy allergic reactions (rash, nettle rash, breathing difficulties, chest constraints, mouth, face, lips or tongue edema); vision problems, blurred consciousness, frequent urination, increased weakness of legs or hands, spasms, confused speech, sore throat, vomiting.
Lioseral should be used on doctor prescription only. Consult with your doctor in case if symptoms non-improvement or getting worse.