Mircette (Desogestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol)
Indications for use
Mircette is a contraceptive. The drug can also be used for treatment purposes other than those presented in the manual.
Mode of application
Take medication only on prescription. To select the exact dosage follow the instructions for the drug:
• The drug is to be taken on the first day or the first Sunday of the menstrual period.
• Take one tablet at the same time each day not exceeding the time interval of 24 hours. After finishing one tablets box, a new one is to be started the next day. Taking the drug irregularly can result in pregnancy.
• In case of need for medical tests or surgery or when a patient is in bed, the drug should be withdrawn for a short time. Taking birth control pills must be reported to the doctor.
Drug class and mechanism of action
Mircette is a combination of female hormones that prevent ovulation. The drug also causes changes in cervical mucus and uterine lining making penetration of sperm and fertilization difficult.
If you miss a dose of Vantin, take it as soon as possible. If this occurred while taking your next dose, take 2 pills and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
If 2 pills in a row are missed in on the 1st or 2d week of the cycle, you need to take 2 pills each time for the two consecutive days. The rest of the pack is to be taken as usual. For at least 7 days after missing 2 pills, you should use extra contraception.
If 2 pills in a row are missed in the 2d or 3d week of the cycle or 3 pills in a row during any of the first 3 weeks of the period, it is necessary to throw the rest of the pack and start a new one on the same day if taking pills from the new pack starts on the 1st day of the cycle. If taking pills usually starts on Sunday, you must continue taking pills until Sunday. On Sunday, throw out the rest of the pack and start a new one.
If two or more pills were missed, no menstruation during the month is possible. If no menstruation comes for 2 consecutive months, you may become pregnant. Consult the doctor.
The drug should be stored at room temperature 25 ° C (77 ° F), protected from heat, moisture, light and out of reach of children. Short-term storage at a temperature of 15-30 ° C (59-86 ° F) is allowed. We do not recommend storing in the bathroom.
Consult the doctor if any of the most common side effects persist for a long time:
- mild nausea, vomiting, bloating, stomach cramps, chest pain, tenderness or swelling, freckles or darkening of facial skin, increased hair growth, hair loss, changes in weight or appetite, problems with contact lenses, vaginal itching or discharge, changes in menstrual period, decreased sex drive or headache, nervousness, dizziness and fatigue.
Seek immediate medical attention in case of any of the following severe side effects:
- sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body, sudden headache, confusion, pain behind the eyes, problems with vision, speech, chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, changes in structure and severity of migraines, headaches, nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); swelling of the hands, ankles or feet.
The drug is taken only on prescription.