Aygestin 5 mg
360 pills - 5 mg
270 pills - 5 mg
180 pills - 5 mg
120 pills - 5 mg
90 pills - 5 mg
60 pills - 5 mg
30 pills - 5 mg
Aygestin is used for the treatment of some problems related to period or uterus problems such as abnormal bleedings or endometriosis. It can be used for other cased defined by your doctor.
Use Aygestin in accordance with your doctor indications.
- Aygestin is for oral intake with or without food.
- Take Aygestin at the same time every day every 24 hours.
Contact your doctor in case you have any questions related to Aygestin intake.
Drug class and mechanism of action
Aygestin is progestin hormone. It works by changing uterus mucous membrane condition.
Take Aygestin as soon as possible if you missed its intake. If it happened during next dosage intake time take missed dose and then follow intake schedule. The intake of two pills in one day is prohibited.
Store Aygestin at the temperature of 68-77 F degrees (20- 25 С degrees) in a tightly closed container. Keep away from the sources of heat, humidity and light. Do not store at the bathroom. Do not take Aygestin after its expiration term, specified on the label. Keep Aygestin away from children and pets.
Warning / precautions
Do not use Aygestin if:
- you are allergic to any Aygestin component;
- you are pregnant or suspect of being pregnant;
- you have unrevealed abnormal vaginal bleeding or post menopause;
- you have blood coagulation problems, trombuses (at lungs, legs, eyes) some blood vessels problems such as haemorrhage of the brain, stroke or apoplexy or breast problems;
- you have liver disfunction or liver active disease.
Contact your doctor or pharmaceutist in any of the following relates to you.
- Aygestin can cause giddiness. These side effects can get worse if taken with alcohol and specific drugs. Use Aygestin cautiously. Do not drive and do not perform other possibly dangerous tasks until you know your reaction to it.
- Aygestin can cause skin darkening on the face. Avoid sun, solarium or getting sun tan before you know your reaction to Aygestin. Use sun protection cream or protective cloths if you have to be at sun for a long time.
- Aygestin can influence some laboratory tests results. Inform your doctor about Aygestin intake before making laboratory tests.
- Diabetes. Aygestin can influence sugar blood level. Check sugar blood level. Consult with your doctor before changing diabetes drug dosage.
Aygestin intake is not recommended for children as its safety and efficiency had not been confirmed in this case.
Pregnancy and breast feeding: Aygestin can harm foeutus. Do not use Aygestin if you are pregnant. Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect of being pregnant. Aygestin discharge with mother milk had not been studied. Consult with your doctor about the advantages and risks for your child if you do or plan doing the breast feeding.
Possible side effects
Consult with your doctor if the most widespread effects persist or getting worse
- acne, period discharges changes such as heavy bleedings, bloody discharges or missed period, giddiness, sleepiness, fever, headache, hot flushes, vomiting, nervousness, pain, rash, sleep problems, weakness, weight increase or loss.
Inform your doctor at once if any of the following serious side effects
- heavy allergic reactions (rash, nettle rash, breathing difficulties, chest constraints, mouth, face, lips or tongue edema),chest pain; depressions;
- breast or under arms indurations, migraines, partial or complete vision loss or vision changes, short breath, speech problems, sudden coordination loss, nausea, vomiting, sudden or heavy headache, giddiness, fingers or ankles edema, shin sensitivity, pain or edema, hands or legs dumbness or pain, skin or eyes yellowing.
Aygestin should be taken on doctor’s prescription only. Do not share it with other people. Consult with your doctor in case of symptoms non-improvement or getting worse.