Estrace 2 mg
280 pills - 2 mg
140 pills - 2 mg
112 pills - 2 mg
84 pills - 2 mg
56 pills - 2 mg
28 pills - 2 mg
Estrace 1 mg
280 pills - 1 mg
140 pills - 1 mg
112 pills - 1 mg
84 pills - 1 mg
56 pills - 1 mg
28 pills - 1 mg
Estrace is used for the treatment of menopause conditions (hot flushes; vaginal itch, burning or dryness), vulva and vaginal atrophy and osteoporosis prevention. It is also used as replacement of estrogen therapy after ovary prolapsus and lactic gland cancer symptoms easing.
Use Estrace in accordance with your doctor recommendations.
- Estrace is for inside intake during or after meal. Take it together with meal in case of stomach upset for stomach upset decrease.
- Take pill fully without chewing it.
- Grapefruit intake is not recommended during this drug intake. Consult with your doctor on the possibility of grapefruit or grapefruit juice intake during Estrace usage
Mechanism of action
Estrace is female hormone estrogen. It works by replacing natural estrogens at female organism which is not capable to produce sufficient amount of estrogen. It works for prostate cancer for male hormones antagonisms.
Do not miss any estrace intake. During single miss of doze intake it is necessary to take the doze as soon as possible. If the time of missed doze intake corresponds to the time of next doze intake the drug intake should be missed. The double dosage is prohibited for intake.
Store Estrace at the temperature of 68-77 F degrees (20 - 25 С degrees). Short term storage at the temperature of 59 - 86 F degrees (15 ° - 30 ° С) is not allowed. Keep away from the sources of heat, humidity and light. Do not store at the bathroom. Keep Estrace away from children and home pets.
Do not take Estrace if:
- you are allergic to any of Estrace component;
- you are pregnant or suspect of being pregnant, have recently given a birth to a child or do breast feeding or have vaginal bleeding do to unknown reasons;
- you have or suspect to have lactic gland cancer (based on your doctor prescription) or you have estrogen depending cancer;
- you have trombuses, veins inflammation or liver diseases;
- you have recently had a stroke or heart attack.
Contact your doctor immediately if any of the following relates to you.
- Estrace can cause giddiness. This effect might get worse if it is taken together with alcohol or specific drugs. Ming being cautious when using Estrace. Do not drive and do not perform other possibly dangerous operations if it is taken for the first time
- limit the amount of alcohol during Estrace intake.
- Estrace can cause face skin darkening (melanoderma). The sun influence had make these areas darker and you might avoid staying at the sun or staying at solarium for a long time. Consult with your doctor on sun protection creme usage and sun protection clothes.
- Estrace can increase the risk of trombuses formation. The risk might increase if you smoke (especially women older than 35 years).
- consult your doctor immediately in case you have vaginal bleedings of unknown nature. It might be the sign of serious disease requiring surgery.
- inform your doctor about vaginal discomfort absence and your suspicions about getting infected during Estrace intake.
- follow your doctor recommendations on your breast treatment and inform immediately on any hardenings.
- additional dosage monitoring might be required in case if you currently take antifungal azoles (itraconazol), carbamazepin, macrolid antibiotics( erythromycin), ritonavir, cymetidin or tutsan.
- inform your doctor beforehand if you plan to have surgery or limitation of comfort( e.g.due to long flight). You should take special precautions during Estrace intake.
- intake of drugs sold without prescription and used for bone mass loss with daily amount of calcium and D vitamin.
- Estrace can influence some laboratory tests results. Make sure to inform laboratory personnel on Estrace intake before making the tests.
- Diabetes. Estrace can influence sugar blood level. Check blood level and consult with your doctor before dosage change.
- During Estrace intake you can perform laboratory tests such as physical examination and blood pressure test. You should make breast examination not less than once a year. You should also make mammograms based on your doctor recommendations.
- Pregnancy and breast feeding: Do not use Estrace during pregnancy. Avoid getting pregnant during Estrace intake. Contact your doctor if you suspect of being pregnant. Estrace can get absorbed by mother milk. Be sure to consult your doctor if you plan doing breast feeding during Estrace intake.
Consult with your doctor in case if any of the aforementioned side effects persist or irritate:
- breast pain, headache, hair falling out, light nausea or vomiting, bloody discharges or heavy bleeding, stomach spasms or stomach swelling.
Сontact your doctor immediately if any of the following serious side effects occur:
- heavy allergic reactions (rash, nettle rash, breathing difficulties, chest constraints, mouth, face, lips or tongue edema), back pain; clot in the chest, leg pain or edema, breast pain, bloody cough, dark urine, depression, giddiness, fainting, fever, memory problems, mood changes, muscles pain, painful or difficult urination, breast constant, strong pain or sickliness, heavy headaches, nausea or vomiting, heavy stomach pains or edema, indistinct speech, sudden short breath, sun burns, rash, hands or legs edema; unusual vaginal bleedings, discharges, itch or smell, vision changes, hands or legs dumbness or weakness, skin or eyes yellowing.
Consult with your doctor on any questions you have with Estrace. Estrace should be used on doctor’s prescription only.