Minomycin 100 mg
180 pills - 100 mg
120 pills - 100 mg
90 pills - 100 mg
60 pills - 100 mg
30 pills - 100 mg
Minomycin 50 mg
240 pills - 50 mg
120 pills - 50 mg
90 pills - 50 mg
60 pills - 50 mg
30 pills - 50 mg
Indications for use
Minocycline is a tetracycline antibiotic which mechanism of action consists in inhibition of bacterial protein synthesis. Minocycline is used to treat acne, actinomycosis, bacterial infection, bullous Pemphigoid, meningitis, meningococcal pemphigoid, pemphigus, rheumatoid arthritis, rosacea, skin and structure infection, skin infection, gonorrhea, and chlamydiosis.
Mode of application
Take medication only on prescription. To select the exact dosage, examine the instructions for the drug.
- The drug is taken orally.
- The drug must be swallowed whole without chewing or breaking.
- The drug is taken with a full glass of water 240 ml (8 ounces). Recumbent position within 30 minutes after taking the capsules of Minomycin is contradicated.
- Capsules are supplied with Minomycin soothing wipes to eliminate dryness, redness or irritation of the skin caused by acne or its treatment.
- It is contraindicated to use antacids with aluminum, calcium, magnesium or bismuth products, iron, urinary alkalinayzery (e.g. sodium bicarbonate) or a multivitamin with minerals or salts of zinc (e.g. zinc sulphate) for 2 - 3 hours before or 2 hours after taking Minomycin.
- A full course must be covered. Withdrawal of the drug even in case of patient’s improvement is contraindicated.
- It is recommended to take the drug each day at the same time.
- If you miss a dose of Minomycin, take it as soon as possible. If it occurred while taking your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Drug class and mechanism of action
Minomycin is an antibiotic, tetracycline. The drug inhibits the growth of certain types of bacteria and allows the immune system to cope with them.
If you miss a dose of Minomycin, take it as soon as possible. If it occurred while taking your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
The drug is stored in a tightly-closed container at room temperature, protected from moisture and sunlight.
Warning / precautions
Do not use the drug if you are allergic to any of its components or any other tetracyclines (e.g. doxycycline). The use of the drug is contraindicated while taking acitretin, isotretinoin, methoxyflurane or penicillin as well as after recent use of oral vaccines against typhoid fever.
In the presence of contraindications require immediate consultation with a physician.
The following factors may influence the efficacy of the drug and should be reported to the physician:
- Pregnancy or planning pregnancy as well as breast-feeding;
- Taking any drugs sold without prescription or herbal medicines as well as nutritional supplements;
- The presence of allergy to medicines, foods or other substances;
- Kidney disease, liver or thyroid;
- Autoimmune diseases (e.g. lupus);
Some medicines may interact with Minomycinom. Inform the doctor if you take any of the drugs listed below:
- Aluminum salts (e.g. aluminum carbonate) or cimetidine because of the increased risk of reduced efficiency Minomycina.
- Acitretin, anticoagulants (e.g. warfarin), digoxin, ergot alkaloids (e.g. ergotamine), isotretinoin, methotrexate or metoksifluraan theophylline due to an increased risk of their side effects.
- Oral vaccine against typhoid fever, oral contraceptives (the pill) or penicillin (e.g. amoxicillin) due to the increased risk of reducing their effectiveness.
Perhaps this is not a complete list of medications that interact with Minomycinom. Of all drugs taken must be reported to your doctor.
Any medication can cause side effects but most people do not feel it. Consult the doctor if any of the most common side effects persist for a long time:
- Dizziness, drowsiness, loss of appetite, nausea, upset stomach and vomiting.
Seek immediate medical attention in case of any of the following severe side effects:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash, hives, itching, shortness of breath, chest tightness, swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue), bloody stools, blurred vision, chills, fever, or persistent sore throat, dark urine, increased cranial pressure, joint pain, swelling, muscle pain or weakness, red, swollen, or peeling skin, blisters, ringing in the ears, seizures, severe diarrhea, severe sunburn, stomach pain / cramps, trouble swallowing, unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual headaches, unusual fatigue or weakness; vaginal irritation or discharge; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
If any questions about the drug arise, consult your doctor or pharmacist. The drug is taken only on prescription. In case of absence of improvement or deterioration, consult your doctor.