Zithromax is used for the treatment of light and moderate infection caused by some bacteria. It can be used separately or in combination with other drugs for the treatment and prevention of some infections at the patients having AIDS terminal stage. It can be used for other goals defined by the doctor.
Take Zithromax in accordance with your doctor recommendations. Follow instruction manual indications.
Zithromax is for inside intake during or after meal. Take it together with food in case of stomach upset to decrease it.
Do not taken antacids containing aluminium or magnesium within 1 hour before and 2 hours after Zithromax intake.
Zithromax works better if taken every day at the same time.
Take Zithromax full course for the infection full treatment. Continue using it if you feel better within several days.
Mechanism of action
Zithromax is macrolid antibiotic. It slows down the growth and sometimes kills sensitive bacteria at the account of important proteins production necessary for bacteria survival.
Take Zithromax as soon as you remember about it. If it happened during next dosage intake time take missed dose and then follow intake schedule. The intake of two pills in one day is prohibited.
Store Zithromax at the temperature of 59 -86 F degrees (15 - 30 С degrees). Suspensions should be stored at the temperature of 5-30 C degrees (41-86 F degrees) and thrown away after full course or within 10 days. Store in a tightly closed container. Shake well before usage.
Do not use Zithromax if:
- you are allergic to any of Zithromax component or macrolid antibiotics (erithromycin);
- you take atsitretin or metoxyfluran.
Contact your doctor at once if any of the following relates to you some medical preparations can interact with tetracycline.
Inform your doctor about your medical history or the following situations:
- pregnancy, plans to get pregnant or breast feeding
- you take any drugs sold with or without prescription, vegetable preparations or food add-on
- if you are allergic to any drugs, food or other agents,
- you have diarrhea or kidney problems
- some medical preparations can interact with tetracycline.
Inform your doctor if you take any of the following drugs:
- Rifampiciyn as it might decrease Zithromax efficiency
- аnticoagulants (varfarine), digoxyne, dizopiramide, pimozid or rifampicyn as the risk of side effects might be increased during Zithromax intake
- teofilin as it might decrease blood pressure after Zithromax intake stop
Consult with your doctor if any of the most widespread effects persist or irritate:
- diarrhea, headache, fluid stool, stomach pain, stomach upset, nausea.
Contact your doctor immediately if any of the following serious side effects arise:
- heavy allergic reactions (rash, nettle rash, itch, breathing difficulties, chest constraint, mouth, lips, face or tongue edema), bloody stool, chest pain, hearing loss, chest tap, ears ringing, heavy diarrhea, stomach spasms/pains skin or eyes yellowing.
Contact your doctor in case you have any questions about Zithromax. Zithromax should be used by the patients whom it is prescribed to and not to be shared it with anyone else. Consult with your doctor in case of symptoms’ non- improvement or getting worse.