Tetracycline is used for the treatment of various bacteria infections, such as urinary ways, acne, gonorrhea, chlamidia and others.
Use Tetracycline in accordance with your doctor recommendations. Strictly follow instruction manual. Tetracycline is for inside intake at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after meal. Take Tetracycline with full glass of water (240 ml). do not lie within 30 minutes after tetracycline intake.
Do not take antacids, containing aluminum, calcium or magnesium, drugs containing bismuth, iron, zinc or sodium bicarbonate or products rich in calcium (milk, dairy products, juices enriched with calcium within 2-3 hours after Tetracycline intake. Take full course of Tetracycline to get fully rid of infection. Continue taking it even if you feel better within several days.
Mechanism of action
Tetracycline belongs to the group of tetracycline antibiotics. It works by slowing down the growth of sensitive bacteria, stopping the growth of proteins necessary for the reproduction of pathogenic bacteria. The slowing of bacteria growth allows protecting the organism and deleting viruses.
Take this drug as soon as you remember about it. If it happened during next dosage intake time take missed dose and then follow intake schedule. The intake of two pills in one day is prohibited.
Store Tetracycline at the temperature of 68 -77 F degrees (20 - 25 С degrees). Short term storage at the temperature of 59 - 86 F degrees (15 ° - 30 ° С) is not allowed. Keep away from the sources of heat, humidity and light. Do not store the bathroom and keep away from children and pets.
Do not use Tetracycline if:
- you are allergic to any of tetracycline component or antibiotics belonging to tetracycline group (doxycylin);
- you take atsitretin or metoxyfluran.
Contact your doctor at once if any of the following relates to you some medical preparations can interact with tetracycline. Inform your doctor about your medical history or the following situations:
- pregnancy, plans to get pregnant or breast feeding
- you take any drugs sold with or without prescription, vegetable preparations or food add-on
- if you are allergic to any drugs, food or other agents,
- you have diarrhea or kidney problems
Some medical preparations can interact with tetracycline. Inform your doctor if you take any of the following drugs:
- acitretin or isotretinoin as they might occur side effects as increased pressure in the liquid surrounding the brain
- digoxin, methotrexate, methoxyflurane or oral anticoagulant (varfarin), as the risk of their side effects might be increased during the intake of tetracycline and atovaquon, lithium, oral contraceptives or penicillin. Their efficiency might be decreased during tetracycline intake
Consult with your doctor if any of the most widespread side effects persists or irritates:
- dark tongue, blurred vision, fluid stool, swallowing difficulties, fever, sore throat, nettle rash, hoarseness, tongue redness or inflammation, muscle pains, loss of appetite, ulcers in the mouse, vomiting, rash, sun light sensitivity, sore throat, stomach pains, edema or itch at rectum.
Contact your doctor at once if any of the most widespread side effects occur:
- heavy allergic reactions (rash, nettle rash, itch, breathing difficulties, mouth, face, lips or tongue edema), infections (fever, shivering, sore throat), itch, vomiting, heavy skin reaction to sun, vaginal irritation, nausea.
Consult with your doctor on any questions you have about tetracycline usage. Take it on doctor’s recommendations only. Consult with your doctor in case of symptoms non-improvement or getting worse.