Nootropil improves the delivery of oxygen and glucose to the brain for patients with dementia after several heart attacks. Nootropil inhibits the aggregation of increasing the number of activated platelets, and in circumstances where there is an abnormal red blood cells, it can restore deformability and the ability to pass through microvessels.
1. Memory loss, dizziness, lack of concentration or activity, a personal indiscretion, mood changes, deterioration in behavior. - Tablet 800 mg 3 times / day orally or tablets 1200 mg 2 times / day, in the morning and in the evening for 6 weeks continuously. After the improvement of symptoms, take capsules of 400 mg 3 times / day as maintenance dose.
Solution of 20% Adults: 5 ml 3 times / day orally.
2. Treatment of symptoms of alcoholism and the extraction of harmful substances. - In the initial period: with an injection dose of 6.12 g in four divided intakes. After the improvement of symptoms in a dose of 2.4 g / day orally 2-3 hours before or after meals.
3. Treatment of sickle cell anemia. - Severe symptoms. Infuse 80 m ? / kg in 300 ml of glucose solution every 8 hours for 3 days. Supportive therapy (adults) by intramuscular injection of 1 g / day continuously for 6 months. After the improvement of symptoms, and then take a dose of 1.2 g orally every 8 hours.
(Children) 600 mg 3 times / day orally.
4. Treatment of cognitive deficits as a result of cerebrovascular disease or head injury. - Initially by infusion or by intravenous dose of 6.12 g / day until recovery. Supportive therapy: 800 mg 3 times / day orally or 20% solution: 5 ml 3 times / day orally.
5. Cortical myoclonus, separate or in combination.
Initial dose: Initial dose is 72g/den, increasing the dose of 4.8 g every 3-4 days up to a maximum dose of 24 g / day in two or three sub-doses. In the case of a weak reaction or without reaction, from 24 g / day should be continued until the 7th day. If improvements occur, it is recommended to reduce the dose of 1.2 grams a day until myoclonuses appear again to determine the average dose. If there is still no reaction, treatment is supposed to last on the 7th day. Treatment with other anti-mioklonuses drugs will be maintained or decreased depending on the resulting clinical effect. Nootropilom treatment will last as long as cerebral pathology remains. Attempts to reduce or discontinue therapy will be every 6 months. Treatment will be stopped by reducing the dose of 1.2 g Nootropil in a day.
6. Nootropil assists in better training for children with difficulties in their learning to read, for kids with intellectual backwardness, lack of education or bad family environment.
Children 8-13 years: the total dose of 3.3 g / day in two sub-doses.
20% solution: 8 mL 2times/day. The medicine may be given in fruit juice or some other beverages. Treatment should last throughout the school year.
THE MECHANISM OF ACTION
Nootropil is psychotropic substance, which acts directly on the brain to improve the level of brain development for normal people and for those, which suffer from some functional deficits. This medicament influences on the area of the brain involved in cognition and has an impact on memory. Nootropil does not lead to either sedation or to stimulation. Nootropil can influence on the central nervous system in different ways. It will alter neurotransmission in the brain and can help to improve metabolic processes, which are essential for good neuronal function. It can also improve microcirculation without causing vasodilatation. The drug is taken by patients, suffering after traumatic brain injury, hypoxia. Electroconvulsive therapy will increase alertness and enhance cognitive function. These changes are considered to be a significant increase in alpha and beta activity, with the reduction of delta activity.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If this occurred while taking your next dose, skip the missed one and take the medicine at the next regular basis. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Keep this medication at room temperature in a tightly closed container, away from heat and light.
Increased sensitivity to Nootropil or other derivatives of pyrrolidone or any of the auxiliaries. Nootropil is contraindicated for patients with cerebral hemorrhage. Nootropil is contraindicated for patients being at the renal disease end-stage.
Because of the effect of Nootropil on thrombocyte aggregation, caution is recommended for patients with underlying disorders of hemostasis. Since Nootropil is almost exclusively excreted by the kidneys it is recommended to follow the precautionary measures when treating patients with renal insufficiency, it is necessary to check kidney function. The half-life increases in direct proportion to the loss of renal function and creatinine clearance for elderly patients, whose creatinine excretion is dependent on age.
Side effects include nervousness, agitation, irritability, anxiety and sleep disorders. Incidence of clinical trials was less than 5%, and they often occur for older patients receiving more than 2.4 grams per day. In most cases, dose reduction is enough for these symptoms to disappear. Some patients may complain of drowsiness, gastrointestinal problems such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and stomach pain. It is also known that their disease incidence in clinical trials was 2% or less. Other symptoms such as dizziness, headache, tremor, sexual arousal happen in rare cases.
Nootropil should not be taken during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.