Bactrim 800/160 mg
360 pills - 800/160 mg
270 pills - 800/160 mg
180 pills - 800/160 mg
120 pills - 800/160 mg
90 pills - 800/160 mg
60 pills - 800/160 mg
30 pills - 800/160 mg
Bactrim 400/80 mg
360 pills - 400/80 mg
270 pills - 400/80 mg
180 pills - 400/80 mg
120 pills - 400/80 mg
90 pills - 400/80 mg
60 pills - 400/80 mg
Bactrim (Sulfametoxazol + Trimetoprim)
Bactrim is a synthetic antibacterial combination product available in DS (double strength) tablets.
Use Bactrim in accordance with your doctor indications.
Bactrim is for oral intake with or without food.
- Bactrim works better if taken every day at the same time.
- take Bactrim with full glass of water (8 ounces/240 ml). Drink some additional glasses of water unless otherwise is prescribed by your doctor.
- take full course of Bactrim to get fully rid of infection. Continue taking it even if you feel better in several days.
Consult with your doctor on any questions you have about Bactrim application
Drug class and mechanism of action
Bactrim is a combined antibiotic containing sulfonamide antibiotic. It works by killing sensitive bacteria.
Do not miss any Bactrim intake. During single miss of doze intake it is necessary to take the doze as soon as possible. If the time of missed doze intake corresponds to the time of next doze intake the drug intake should be missed. The double dosage is prohibited for intake
Store Bactrim at room temperature of 77 F degrees (25 С degrees). Keep away from the sources of heat, humidity and light. Do not store at the bathroom. Keep away from children and pets
Warning / precautions
Do not use Bactrim if:
- you are allergic to any of Bactrim component or similar drugs;
- you have similar allergic reaction to any other sulphonamide (serum containing drugs - glipiside, hydrochloretiazide);
- you take dofetilide;
- you have anemia caused by low level of folium acid in bloodу or urination delay;
- you have 38th or more weeks of pregnancy or do breast feeding;
- patient- child having less than 2 months.
Contact your pharmaceutist or doctor in case if any of the following relates to you.
- you can get sun burns during Bactrim intake. Avoid sun, solarium or sun tan until you know your reaction to Bactrim. Use sun protection creme or wear protective clothes if staying long time outdoors.
- contact your doctor if you feel stomach pain or spasms, heavy diarrhea or bloody stool. Do not treat diarrhea without prior consultation with your doctor.
- be sure to take full course of Bactrim otherwise the infection might partially stay in organism. Bacteria might become less sensitive to this or other drugs. This might get the infection treatment in future.
- bactrim fights bacteria only but does not treat viral infections (flu).
- long term or recurring usage of Bactrim can cause second flow of infection. Be sure to inform your doctor in case if recurring infection signs occur. Your doctor might prescribe you another drug.
- diabetes. Bactrim can influence sugar level in blood. Check sugar level in blood. Consult with your doctor before changing the dosage of diabetes drug.
- children younger 10 years with diarrhea, stomach or intestine infections should be extremely cautious when taking Bactrim.
- Bactrim can influence some laboratory tests. Inform your doctor on Bactrim intake before making laboratory tests.
- laboratory tests such as blood analysis and kidney function test can be performed during Bactrim usage. These tests results can be used for your condition control and side effects revealing. Mind keeping laboratory tests prescriptions.
- pregnancy and breast feeding: contact your doctor in case if you got pregnant to discuss advantages and risks of Bactrim usage during pregnancy. Do not take Bactrim if you have 38th or more weeks of pregnancy. The Bactrim discharge with mother milk had not been studied. Do not do breast feeding during Bactrim intake.
Possible side effects
Consult with your doctor in case if any of these most wide spread side effects persist or irritate:
- loss of appetite, vomiting, nausea.
Contact your doctor immediately in case any of the following serious side effects arise:
- heavy allergic reactions (rash, nettle rash, itch, breathing difficulties, chest constraint, mouth, face, lips or tongue edema); skin with blisters, shells, redness or edema; bloody, black or tarlike stool, chest pain, tremor, fever, sore throat, urination decrease, irregular heartbeat, hallucinations, muscle pain, occipital muscles sickliness or rigidity, violet sports under skin, heavy or constant headache, vomiting, short breath, stomach pains/spasms, unusual bruises or bleedings, tiredness or weakness, pale skin, vaginal irritations, skin or eyes yellowing.
Use Bactrim independently and do not share it with other people. Contact your doctor in case of symptoms non-improvement or getting worse.