Indications for use
The drug is used as part of adjuvant therapy in the treatment of alcoholism and drug dependence in adults. The drug prescribed by a doctor can also be used to treat other conditions.
Take medication only on prescription. To select the exact dosage drug instructions are to be read:
- The drug is taken orally.
- Avoid taking the medication until reaction to the naltrexone test is negative.
- Before taking the medication refrain from the use of psychoactive substances within 7-10 days
- The drug is contraindicated in patients with liver or kidney diseases and other diseases that make Revia application inadvisable.
Drug class and mechanism of action
Revia blocks the effects of injectable opioids (heroin, narcotic pain relievers) and helps reduce the consumption of alcohol.
In a single pass of the drug dose, miss the dose and return to normal dosing schedule. Double dose at once may cause complications.
The drug should be stored at room temperature 25 ° C (77 ° F), protected from heat, moisture and light, out of reach of children. Short-term storage at a temperature of 15-30 ° C (59-86 ° F)is allowed. Storing in the bathroom is not recommended.
Do not use this for the auditing of allergy to any of its components. Taking the drug also is contraindicated in patients who use narcotic pain relievers, or suffering from drug addiction in a state of abstinence, as well as patients with a negative Revia test result or with a positive test for drugs. The drug is contraindicated in hepatic failure, hepatitis, other liver diseases go.
In the presence of contraindications immediate consultation with a physician is required.
- While the drug is recommended to carefully get behind the wheel and engage in other potentially hazardous activities.
- Prior to receiving any medical care, dental treatment or surgery, you need to inform doctors about taking the drug.
- You must immediately contact a doctor if the following symptoms of hepatitis while receiving Revia appear: continuous abdominal pain (more than a few days), white stools, dark urine, yellowing skin or eyes.
- In the course of drug treatment receiving narcotics, including opium-containing drugs (from coughs and colds, narcotic pain relievers, heroin) is contraindicated. Revia can increase sensitivity to drugs so that drug use even in small doses can cause coma or be life threatening.
- To monitor the patient during drug treatment and detect adverse effects, laboratory tests, including the determination of renal function, are recommended to be made.
- With extreme caution is recommended to prescribe a drug to children under 18. The efficacy and side effects in patients of this age have not been studied.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding. Benefits and risks of using drugs during pregnancy and lactation should be discussed with the doctor.
Consult the doctor if any of these most common side effects persist for a long time:
- anxiety, loss of appetite, vomiting, constipation, delayed ejaculation, diarrhea, dizziness, drowsiness, depression, headache, increase / decrease of energy, increased thirst, irritability, joint and muscle pain, nausea, nervousness, insomnia, abdominal pain / cramps ; vomiting.
Immediate medical attention is needed in case of any of the following severe side effects:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash, hives, itching, shortness of breath, chest tightness, swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); abdominal pain or abdominal cramps, dark urine, depression, suicidal thoughts or behavior, unusual fatigue or weakness, vomiting, white stools, yellowing of the skin or eyes.
The drug is taken only on prescription.