Zovirax 800 mg
270 pills - 800 mg
180 pills - 800 mg
120 pills - 800 mg
90 pills - 800 mg
60 pills - 800 mg
30 pills - 800 mg
Zovirax 400 mg
360 pills - 400 mg
270 pills - 400 mg
180 pills - 400 mg
120 pills - 400 mg
90 pills - 400 mg
60 pills - 400 mg
30 pills - 400 mg
Zovirax 200 mg
180 pills - 200 mg
120 pills - 200 mg
90 pills - 200 mg
60 pills - 200 mg
Zovirax is a drug applied to treat chickenpox (varicella) or shingles (herpes zoster) and treat or restrain genital herpes infections. The drug may also be prescribed by your doctor for other ailments.
Mode of application
Take Zovirax upon your doctor’s prescription. For precise dosing instructions see the label of the drug.
Take Zovirax orally with no regard to meals.
Make sure to drink additional fluids while taking Zovirax. Consult your doctor for exact recommendations.
Apply Zovirax if the lightest signs or symptom of shingles or genital herpes appear such as pain, burning, or blisters.
To cure a violent outbreak Even if your condition gets better before the complete course of treatment with Zovirax is ended, finish the entire course of treatment.
When used for suppressive therapy, to achieve the best effect take Zovirax daily with the same intervals.
Mechanism of action
Zovirax is an antiviral substance which stops viral replication. However, the drug neither eliminates nor cures the virus. Zovirax provides no prevention from the virus transmission to people around.
In case you miss an intake time, seek to take the drug immediately. If it is near the following intake time, leave the missed dose out and follow your regular intake plan. Do not take a double dose at once.
Keep in temperature below 25 degrees C. Do not store in a refrigerator.
Do NOT use Zovirax if:
- you have allergy to any ingredient in Zovirax or to valacyclovir;
Consult your doctor or health care provider immediately if you fall under any of these.
Some medical conditions may be impacted by Zovirax. Inform your doctor or pharmacist of any medical conditions you have, in particular:
- pregnancy, or planned pregnancy, or breast-feeding;
- taking any prescription or nonprescription drugs, herbal teas, or food supplements;
- allergies to drugs, foodstuffs, or other substances;
- kidney disorders or a depressed immune system;
Some DRUGS MAY HAVE RECIPROCAL ACTION with Zovirax. Advise your health care provider of your taking any other drugs, in particular:
- Drugs that may affect kidneys (e.g. aminoglycoside antibiotics [e.g. gentamicin], amphotericin B, cyclosporine, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs [NSAIDs] [e.g. ibuprofen], tacrolimus, vancomycin).
- Simultaneous use may enforce the risk of kidney side effects. Consult your doctor about your drugs that may affect kidneys.
Taking any medicine may result in side effects, but most people experience no or minor side effects. Inform your doctor of the below COMMON side effects if they seem persistent or bother you:
- Diarrhea; general body discomfort; headache; nausea/vomiting.
Consult your doctor immediately about any of the below SEVERE side effects:
- Strong allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; heavy breathing; tightness in chest; swollen mouth, face, lips, or tongue; aggressive behavior; blood in the urine; confusion; decreased consciousness; decreased urination; hallucinations; lower back pain; mental or mood changes; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; unusual bruises or bleeding.
Please address any questions about Zovirax to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
Zovirax is only used upon prescription from a doctor. No sharing it with other people is allowed.
If your symptoms persist or worsen, visit your doctor.