Karela is a safe, natural and herbal formulation that helps in metabolizing carbohydrates in the body.
How it is taken
One to two capsules must be taken daily with either water or milk. Do not crush, chew or break the capsules. Swallow it whole.
Drug Class & Mechanism
Karela is a highly potent herbal formulation with natural Bitter Gourd extracts. Bitter gourd is a blood purifier, activates spleen and liver and is highly beneficial in diabetes.
Karela, with high quality Bitter Gourd extracts is a purgative, appetizer, digestive, anti inflammatory, anti flatulent and has healing capacity.
If you miss a dose of Karela then you may take it as soon as you remember and adjust the remaining doses accordingly. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose then you may skip this dose and continue with the regular dosage. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
Store it at room temperature (between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C) in an air tight container protecting it from direct exposure to light, heat and moisture. Keep away from pets and children.
Possible Side Effects
Karela is not known to have any side effects if taken as per the prescribed dosage.
Investigations were carried out to evaluate the effect of Karela on the glucose tolerance of maturity onset diabetic patients. The juice of Karela was found to significantly improve the glucose tolerance of 73% of the patients investigated while the other 27% failed to respond.