Inderal is used for high blood pressure treatment, stenocardia prevention (chest pain), heart condition control, caused by hypertrophic stenosis, quick heart rhythm prevention, life improvement after heart attack at some patients, tremor treatment, migraine prevention and adrenals edema symptoms prevention.
Use Inderal in accordance with your doctor indications.
- take this drug every day at the same time before or after meal;
- do not take antacids containing aluminium within 2 hours after Inderal intake;
- continue using Inderal even if you feel better within several days. Do not miss any dose.
Mechanism of action
Inderal is beta-adrenergic blocker. It works by slowing the heart works and decreasing blood pressure by thus helping to decrease heart load.
Take Inderal as soon as you remember about it. If it happened during next dosage intake time take missed dose and then follow intake schedule. The intake of two pills in one day is prohibited.
Store Inderal at the temperature of 68 -77 F degrees (20 -25 С degrees). Short term storage at the temperature of 59 -86 F degrees (15 ° -30 ° С) is not allowed. Keep away from the sources of heat, humidity and light. Do not store at bathroom. Keep Inderal away from children and pets.
Do not use Inderal if:
- you are allergic to any of its component;
- you have slow heart beat, you had heart attack, you have low blood pressure or heart insufficiency;
- you have asthma or Reino disease;
- you are a child, you suffer from diabetes or heart insufficiency;
- you take mibefradil.
Contact your doctor at once if any of the following relates to you.
- do not drive if you take Inderal for the first time.
- consult with your doctor about alcohol usage during Inderal intake.
- patients taking the drugs used for high blood pressure treatment feel tired often. You are to keep taking this drug even if you do not feel really good. Inform your doctor if you noticed any new symptom.
- Inderal can mask the signs of hypertheriosis (thyroid gland increased activity). If you have thyroid gland increased activity this drug intake can cause hypertherosis (increased heart beat) .
- patients having heavy allergic reactions can become more sensitive to allergens when taking Inderal. These patients might not react to adrenaline usual doses (adrenaline).
- Diabetes. Inderal can hide the signs of sugar low level in blood and the heart beat might increase. Mind following other signs of sugar low level in blood. Sugar low level in blood can cause agitation, perspiration, giddiness, sleepiness or fainting. It can decrease vision, cause headache, shivering or the feeling of hunger. Check sugar blood level. Consult with your doctor before changing the dose.
- inform your dentist or doctor about Inderal intake before getting any medical or dental assistance, urgent medical assistance or surgery.
- Inderal can influence the results of some tests such as glaucoma screening test. Inform your doctor about Inderal intake before making glaucoma screening test.
- During Inderal intake you can make such laboratory tests such blood pressure tests and heart function tests. These tests can be used for your condition monitoring and side effects revealing. Mind keeping all doctor prescriptions and laboratory analysis.
- pregnancy and breast feeding: Inderal can possibly harm foeutus. Do not take Inderal if you are pregnant. Contact your doctor if you suspect of being pregnant. You will need to discuss the advantages and risks of Inderal usage during pregnancy. Inderal is present at mother milk. Do not do breast feeding during this drug intake.
Consult with your doctor if any of the most widespread effects persist or irritate:
- constipation; depression, diarrhea, giddiness, sleepiness, tiredness, hallucinations, vomiting, insomnia, stomach spasms, tiredness, vision problems, bright dreams, nausea and weakness.
Contact your doctor immediately if any of the following serious side effects arise:
- heavy allergic reactions (rash, nettle rash, itch, breathing difficulties, chest constraint, mouth, lips, face or tongue edema),
Inderal should be used on doctor’s prescription only. Consult with your doctor in case you have any questions about Inderal intake.